**Deprecation Notice:** *The global ISO registry now returns plain `dict` objects from its various methods.*
- Global registry now returns plain built-in dicts (375).
- Removed `EphemMixin` in favor of astronomical functions (302).
- Added first day counting when computing working_days delta (393), thx Querdos.
**Deprecation Warning:** *Currently the registry returns `OrderedDict` objects when you're querying for regions or subregions. Expect that the next major release will preferrably return plain'ol' `dict` objects. If your scripts rely on the order of the objects returned, you'll have to sort them yourself.*
- Fix Romania, make sure Easter and related holidays are calculated using the Orthodox calendar, thx to KidkArolis (389).
- Fix Denmark, remove observances (remove Palm Sunday, Constitution Day, Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve), thx to KidkArolis (387, 386).
- Refactored the package building procedure, now linked to `make package` ; added a note about this target in the PR template (366).
- Fixed United Kingom's 2020 holidays ; The Early May Bank Holiday has been moved to May 8th to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the end of WWII (381).
- Added JapanBank by raybuhr (379, 369).
- Added adjustments to 2019-2020 Japan calendar due to the coronation of a new emperor (379).
- Add a note about the fact that contributors should not change the version number in the changelog and/or the ``setup.py`` file (380).
- Display missing lines in coverage report (376).
- Add "Europe Day" for Luxembourg (377).
- Added Turkey by tayyipgoren (371).
- Change registry mechanism to avoid circular imports (288).
- Internal: Added a "Release" section to the Pull Request template.
- Internal: Added advices on the Changelog entry in the Contributing document.
- Bugfix: Fixing North Carolina shift rules when Christmas Day happens on Saturday (232).
- Documentation: rearrange country list in ``README.rst`` (sorting and fixing nested lists).
- Documentation: Renamed and changed format of the "Contributing guidelines" document, now in Markdown (GFM variant), with a few fixes (368).
- Internal: remove coverage targets ; now coverage reports are displayed for each tox job, but they won't output classes with 100% coverage.
- Bugfix: Panama - Fixed incorrect independence from Spain date, thanks to chopanpma (361).
- Bugfix: Israel - Fixed incorrect Purim/Shushan Purim dates in jewish leap years, thx orzarchi. This fix cancels the last (5.0.1) version, that will be deleted from PyPI.
**WARNING** This version contains known bugs on Israel calendar. Please do not use it in production.
- Bugfix: Israel - Fixed incorrect Purim/Shushan Purim dates in jewish leap years, thx orzarchi.
Major Changes & fixes
- Dropped Python 3.4 support (352).
- Added Malaysia Thaipusam days for the year 2019 & 2020 - thx burlak for the bug report (354).
- Fixed Deepavali dates for the year 2018 ; confirmed fixed dates that were set in the past.
- Added Florida specific calendars: Florida Legal, Florida Circuit Courts, Miami-Dade (216).
**WARNING**: This release will be the last one to support Python 3.4, which has [reached its End of Life and has been retired](https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0429/release-schedule). Please upgrade.
- Added California specific calendars: California Education, Berkeley, San Francisco, West Hollywood (215).
- Added a few refactors and tests for Australia Capital Territory holiday named "Family & Community Day", that lasted from 2007 to 2017 (25).
- Added South African 2019 National Elections as holiday (350), by RichardOB.
- Bugfix: Update 2019 Labour Day Holidays for China as changed by government recently (2019-03-22), by iamsk, and thanks to ltyely for their patch (345 & 347).
- Added Barbados by ludsoft.
- Added isolated tests for shifting mechanics in USA calendars - previously untested (335).
- Added Berlin specific holidays (340).
- Added several one-off public holidays to UK calendar (336).
- Added several US territories and other specific calendars:
- American Samoa territory (218).
- Chicago, Illinois (220).
- Guam territory (219).
- Suffolk County, Massachusetts (222).
- Added Cayman Islands, British Overseas Territory (328)
**WARNING** Scotland (sub)calendars are highly experimental and because of their very puzzling rules, may be false. Please use them with care.
- Added Scotland calendars, i.e. Scotland, Aberdeen, Angus, Arbroath, Ayr, Carnoustie & Monifieth, Clydebank, Dumfries & Galloway, Dundee, East Dunbartonshire, Edinburgh, Elgin, Falkirk, Fife, Galashiels, Glasgow, Hawick, Inverclyde, Inverness, Kilmarnock, Lochaber, Monifieth, North Lanarkshire, Paisley, Perth, Scottish Borders, South Lanarkshire, Stirling, and West Dunbartonshire (31).
- Fixed United Kingdom bank holiday for 2002 and 2012, thx ludsoft (315).
- Fix a small flake8 issue with wrong indentation (319).
- Fix Russia "Day of Unity" date, set to November 4th, thx alexitkes for the bug report (317).
- Solved the incompatibility between `pandas` latest version and Python 3.4. Upgraded travis distro to Xenial/16.04 LTS (307).
- Added instructions about the usage of the `iso_register` decorator in the pull-request template (309).
- Added New Zealand, by johnguant (306).
- Added Paraguay calendar, following the work of reichert (268).
- Added China calendar, by iamsk (304).
- Added Israel, by armona, tsehori (281).
- Added DEEPAVALI days for 2019 and 2020, thx pvalenti (282).
- Fixed Germany Reformation Day miscalculation. Some German states include Reformation Day since the "beginning" ; in 2017, all states included Reformation Day as a holiday (500th anniversary of the Reformation) ; starting of 2018, 4 states added Reformation Day (295).
- Added China, by iamsk.
- Fixed ISO 3166-1 code for the `Slovenia` calendar (291, thx john-sandall).
- Added support for Python 3.7 (283).
- Fixed the `SouthAfrica` holidays calendar, taking into account the specs of holidays that vary over the periods. As a consequence, it cleaned up erroneous holidays that were duplicated in some years (285). Thx to surfer190 for his review & suggestions.
- Bugfix for South Africa: disabled the possibility to compute holidays prior to the year 1910.
- Renamed Madagascar test class name into `MadagascarTest` (286).
- Separated the coverage jobs from the pure tests. Their report output was disturbing in development mode, you had to scroll your way up to find eventual failing tests (289).
Large work on global registry: refs 13, 96, 257 & 284.
- Added Tests for Europe registry.
- Revamped and cleaned up Europe countries.
- Added the United States of America + States, American countries & sub-regions, African countries, Asian countries, Oceanian countries.
- The global registry usage is documented.
- Changed Canada namespace to `workalendar.america.canada`.
- You don't have to declare a `name` properties for Calendar classes. It will be deducted from the docstring.
- Changed the `registry.items()` mandatory argument name to `region_codes` for more readability.
- Added Angola, by dvdmgl (276)
- Portugal - removed carnival from Portuguese holidays, restored missing holidays (275)
- Added All Souls Day to common (274)
- Allow the `add_working_days()` function to be provided a datetime, and returning a `date` (270).
- Added a `keep_datetime` option to keep the original type of the input argument for both ``add_working_days()`` and ``sub_working_days()`` functions (270).
- Fixed usage examples of ``get_first_weekday_after()`` docstring + in code (calendars and tests) ; do not use magic values, use MON, TUE, etc (271).
- Turned Changelog into a Markdown file (272).
- Added basic usage documentation, hosted by Github pages.
- Added advanced usage documentation.
- Bugfix: deduplicate South Africa holidays that were emitted as duplicates (265).
- Add the `get_working_days_delta` method to the core calendar class (260).
- Added Lithuania, by landler (254).
- Added Russia, by vanadium23 (259).
- Fixed shifting ANZAC day for Australia states (249).
- Renamed Australian state classes to actual state names(eg. AustraliaNewSouthWales to NewSouthWales).
- Update ACT holidays (251).
- Fixing Federal Christmas Shift ; added a `include_veterans_day` flag to enable/disable Veteran's day on specific calendar - e.g. Mozilla's dedicated calendar (242).
- **Deprecation:** Dropped support for Python 3.3 (245).
- Fixed Travis-ci configuration for Python 3.5 and al (252).
- Moved from `novafloss` to the `peopledoc` organization, the core People Doc Inc. organization (255).
- First step iteration on the "global registry" feature. European countries are now part of a registry loaded in the ``workalendar.registry`` module. Please use with care at the moment (248).
- Refactored Australia family and community day calculation (244).
I have done a terrible mistake with the 1.3.0 release, and uploaded a defunct 2.3.0 version... I tried to remove it from PyPI, but it failed at some point. In order to make sure that the latest version has the highest version number, I'm releasing this "dumb" version. It is equivalent to the 2.1.0 release, but at least, if you upgrade, you have all the 2.0+ niceties...
- Added Hong Kong, by nedlowe (235).
- Splitted `africa.py` file into an `africa/` module (236).
- Added Alabama Counties - Baldwin County, Mobile County, Perry County. Refactored UnitedStates classes to have a parameter to include the "Mardi Gras" day (214).
- Added brazilian calendar to consider working days for bank transactions, by fvlima (238).
- Major refactor in the USA module. Each State is now an independant module, all of the Mixins were removed, all the possible corrections have been made, following the main Wikipedia page, and cross-checking with official sources when it was possible (171).
- Added District of Columbia in the USA module (217).
- Run tests with Python3.6 in CI (210)
- Small refactors / cleanups in the following calendars: Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Latvia, Netherlands, Spain, Japan, Taiwan, Australia, Canada, USA (209).
- Various refactors for the Asia module, essentially centered around a more convenient Chinese New Year computation toolset (202).
- Refactoring the USA tests: using inheritance to test federal and state-based holidays using only one "Don't Repeat Yourself" codebase (213).
- Added Singapore calendar, initiated by nedlowe (194 + 195).
- Added Malaysia, by gregyhj (201).
- Added Good Friday in the list of Hungarian holidays, as of the year 2017 (203), thx to mariusz-korzekwa for the bug report.
- Assigned a minimal setuptools version, to avoid naughty ``DistributionNotFound`` exceptions with obsolete versions (74).
- Fixed a bug in Slovakia calendar, de-duplicated Christmas Day, that appeared twice (205).
- Fixed important bugs in the calendars of the following Brazilian cities: Vitória, Vila Velha, Cariacica, Guarapari and Serra - thx to Fernanda Gonçalves Rodrigues, who confirmed this issue raised by Skippern (199).
- Moved all the calendar of countries on the american continent in their own modules (188).
- Refactor base Calendar class get_weekend_days to use WEEKEND_DAYS more intelligently (191 + 192).
- Many additions to the Brazil and various states / cities. Were added: Acre, Alagoas, Amapá, Amazonas, Bahia, Ceará, Distrito Federal, Espírito Santo State, Goiás, Maranhão, Mato Grosso, Mato Grosso do Sul, Pará, Paraíba, Pernambuco, Piauí, Rio de Janeiro, Rio Grande do Norte, Rio Grande do Sul, Rondônia, Roraima, Santa Catarina, São Paulo, Sergipe, Tocantins, City of Vitória, City of Vila Velha, City of Cariacica, City of Guarapari and City of Serra (187).
- Added a ``good_friday_label`` class variable to ``ChristianMixin`` ; one can assign the right label to this holiday (187).
- Added a ``ash_wednesday_label`` class variable to ``ChristianMixin`` ; one can assign the right label to this holiday (187).
- Added Cyprus. thx gregn610 (174).
- Added Latvia. thx gregn610 (178).
- Added Malta. thx gregn610 (179).
- Added Romania. thx gregn610 (180).
- Added Canton of Vaud (Switzerland) - brutasse (182).
- Fixed January 2nd state holiday (181).
- Fixed Saxony repentance day for the year 2016. thx Natim (168).
- Fixed Historical and one-off holidays for South Africa. thx gregn610 (173).
- Minor PEP8 fixes (186).
After several years of development, we can now say that this library is production-ready, so we're releasing its 1.0.0 version. Millions of "thank you" to all the contributors involved.
- Add Ireland. thx gregn610 (152).
- Bugfix: New Year's Eve is not a holiday in Netherlands (154).
- Add Austria. thx gregn610 (153)
- Add Bulgaria. thx gregn610 (156)
- Add Croatia. thx gregn610 (157)
- Reformation Day is a national holiday in Germany, but only in 2017 (150).
- Fix Czech Republic calendar - as of 2016, Good Friday has become a holiday (148).
- Easter Sunday is a Brandenburg federate state holiday (143), thx uvchik.
- Added Catalonia (145), thx ferranp.
- Use `find_packages()` to fetch package directories in `setup.py` (141, 144).
- use py.test instead of nosetests for tests (146).
- cleanup: remove unused ``swiss.py`` file (147).
- Added Estonia, thx to landler (134),
- Europe-related modules being reorganized, thx to Natim (135),
- Fixed King / Queen's day in Netherlands, thx to PeterJacob (138),
- Added a pull-request template (125),
- Added a Makefile for various dev-related tasks -- installs, running tests, uploading to PyPI... (133).
*Note:* the 0.6.0 was erroneously uploaded ; this v0.6.1 cancels and replaces the v0.6.0.
- Workalendar now being compatible with Python 3.4 and 3.5 (128),
- A new holiday has appeared in Japan as of 2016 (131), thx suhara for the report.
- Added Slovenia, thx to ratek1 (124),
- Added Switzerland, thx to sykaeh (127),
**Sorry, I think I completely broke the 0.4.3 release by trying to delete a naughty file...**
- Added Denmark (117).
- Tiny fixes in the ``usa.py`` module (flake8 + typo) (122)
- Added datetime to date conversion in is_holiday() (118)
- Added function to get the holiday label by date (120)
- Moved from `novapost` to the `novafloss` organization, handling FLOSS projects in People Doc Inc. (116)
- Added Spain 2016 (123)
- Added Luxembourg (111)
- Added Netherlands (113)
- Added Spain (114)
- Bugfix: fixed the name of the Pentecost for Sweden (115)
- Added Portugal, thx to borfast (110).
- Added Colombia calendar, thx to spalac24
- Added Slovakia calendar, thx to Adman
- Fixed the Boxing day & boxing day shift for Australia
- Germany calendar added, thx to rndusr
- Support building on systems where LANG=C (Ubuntu) 92
- little improvement to directly return a tested value.
- ``delta`` argument for ``add_working_days()`` can be negative. added a
``sub_working_days()`` method that computes working days backwards.
- BUGFIX: shifting UK boxing day if Christmas day falls on a Friday (shit to
next Monday) 95
- BUGFIX: Renaming the Finnish "Independance Day" 101 (thx to
- BUGFIX: Renaming Showa Day. "ō is not romji" 100 (thx shinriyo)
- BUGFIX: Belgian National Day title 99 (thx laulaz)
- How to contribute documentation,
- Added Belgium, European Central Bank, Sweden, every specific calendar in the
United States of America, Canada.
- BUGFIX: fixed a corpus christi bug. This day used to be included in every
ChristianMixin calendar, except noticed otherwise. Now it's not included by
default and should be set to "True" when needed.
- added LunarCalendar, including lunar month calculations
- added SouthKoreanCalendar, for a LunarCalendar proof of concept
- added Python3 support
- added Algeria, Australia, Brazil, Chile, Czech Republic, Finland,
France Alsace-Moselle, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Ivory Coast, Japan,
Madagascar, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Northern Ireland, Norway, Panama,
Poland, Qatar, South Africa, São Tomé, Taiwan, United Kingdom calendars.
- BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBILITY: calendar suffix for class names are now obsolete.
e.g: to use the Japan calendar, simply import `workalendar.asia.Japan` instead
- First released version
- Core calendar classes, Western (European and North American)
- United States federal days
- France legal holidays days