PyUp Safety actively tracks 334,184 Python packages for vulnerabilities and notifies you when to upgrade.
* Re-upload because PyPI was missing Requires-Python metadata for the .tar.gz package.
* Fix issue with wheel package falsely claiming support for Python 2.
* Drop support for Python <3.5. * Improvements to Hebrew and Yiddish transliterations (thanks to Alon Bar-Lev and eyaler on GitHub)
* Add 'errors' argument that specifies how characters with unknown replacements are handled. Default is 'ignore' to replicate the behavior of older versions. * Many characters that were previously replaced with '[?]' are now correctly marked as unknown and will behave as specified in the new errors='...' argument. * Added some missing ligatures and quotation marks in U+1F6xx and U+27xx ranges. * Add PEP 561-style type information (thanks to Pascal Corpet) * Support for Python 2 and 3.5 to be removed in next release.
* Add some missing replacements in the U+23xx page. * Fix U+204A "TIRONIAN SIGN ET" replacement.
* Fix tests failing on PyPy 7.1.1
* Add more Latin letter variants in U+1F1xx page. * Make it possible to use the Unidecode command-line utility via "python -m unidecode" (thanks to Jon Dufresne) * General clean up of code and documentation (thanks to Jon Dufresne)
* Improve transliteration of Hebrew letters (thanks to Alon Bar-Lev) * Add transliterations for the phonetic block U+1D00 - U+1D7F (thanks to Oscar Laurent) * Transliterate SI "micro" prefix as "u" instead of "micro" in the U+33xx block. * Add U+33DE SQUARE V OVER M and U+33DF SQUARE A OVER M. * Drop support for Python 2.6 and 3.3 (thanks to Jon Dufresne)
* Move to semantic version numbering, no longer following version numbers from the original Perl module. This fixes an issue with setuptools (>= 8) and others expecting major.minor.patch format. (https://github.com/avian2/unidecode/issues/13) * Add transliterations for currency signs U+20B0 through U+20BF (thanks to Mike Swanson) * Surround transliterations of vulgar fractions with spaces to avoid incorrect combinations with adjacent numerals (thanks to Jeffrey Gerard)
* Add U+2116 NUMERO SIGN (thanks to Alan Davidson) * Add U+05BE HEBREW PUNCTUATION MAQAF (thanks to Micha Moskovic)
* Fixed transliteration of circled Latin letters and numbers (thanks to Krzysztof Jurewicz). * Add square unit symbols. * Add Latin variants in U+20xx and U+21xx pages. * Fix U+02B1 MODIFIER LETTER SMALL H WITH HOOK. * Fix U+205F MEDIUM MATHEMATICAL SPACE. * Add "DIGIT ... COMMA" and "PARANTHESIZED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER" in U+1F1xx page. * Add missing vulgar fractions and a/c, a/s, c/o, c/u symbols. * Add universal Wheel release (thanks to Adam Chainz).
* Add unidecode_expect_ascii() and unidecode_expect_nonascii() functions for performance critical applications. (thanks to Israel Saeta Perez)
* Add a command line utility. (thanks to Andrew Udvare) * Use setuptools for packaging.
* Add some missing Latin letter variants used by popular "Unicode text converter" tools. * Issue a warning if a surrogate character is encountered in input. * Corrected module import which might cause unidecode() to raise AttributeError on some systems. (thanks to Karol Sikora)
* Corrected ChangeLog.
* Fixed transliteration of Chinese character "Yi". (thanks to Yao Zuo) * Transliterate Euro sign as "EUR". (thanks to Dave Smith)
* Revert transliteration for Latin characters with umlauts back to language-neutral, unaccented characters. * Added transliterations for circled numbers, letters and ordinals. * Minor fixes to rarely used punctuation characters.
* Use German transliteration for Latin characters with umlauts. (thanks to Geoffrey Teale) * Fixed transliteration for several rarely used punctuation characters. * Add transliteration for trademark and similar signs. (thanks to Ovanes Markaryan)
* Tests now pass on Python 2.7. * Make argument type warning refer to unidecode()'s caller.
* Issue a warning on Python 2.x if an object that is not an instance of unicode class is passed to unidecode(). * Fixed unit tests for Python 2.5.
* Added trove classifiers.
* Fixed Python 2.5 installation issue.
* License change to GPL to fit better with other Python modules and to remove the issue of depending on Perl for licensing terms. * Always return a string object on Python 2.x. Before this patch, unidecode() returned a unicode object on Python 2.x if the input was a unicode object that contained ASCII characters. Behaviour on Python 3.x remains unchanged. (thanks to Wesley Yarde)
* Unit test fixes for Python builds using 16-bit Unicode representation (see PEP 261)
* Support for a lot of various less common variants of Latin letters and digraphs. * Fixes to Czech pangram transliteration (thanks to Jan Killian)
* Unit test fixes.
* Unit tests for Python 3 and simplified transliteration code (thanks to Thomas Kluyver) * Support for mathematical versions of Latin and Greek alphabets and digits.
* Corrected transliteration for Cyrillic alphabet (thanks to Ruslan Grokhovetskiy)
* Corrected replacements for Japanese Kana characters (thanks to Michel Albert)
* First public release