- Bumping version to 1.9.14. [Diego Hurtado]
- Make new testlog func private. [Matthew Hall]
- Environment attributes are now passed to the NMLManager. [Javier Peralta]
- Remove unit test of functionalty no longer on topology. [Javier Peralta]
- Moving injection to pyszn. [Diego Antonio Hurtado Pimentel]
- Customize term codes regex. [David Diaz Barquero]
Add the ability to customize the terminal regex code for special shells
- Pyszn uses correct depedency declaration. [Javier Peralta]
- Minor fixes. [David Diaz]
- Add functions for new test specific log. [Matthew Hall]
- Bumping version to 1.9.12. [Diego Antonio Hurtado Pimentel]
- Add FORCED_PROMPT to the initial prompt. [Joseph Loaiza]
The original initial prompt does not match the FORCED_PROMPT, this makes the shell to throw a timeout exception when trying to reconnect to a previously used shell.
- Adding missing release information. [Diego Antonio Hurtado Pimentel]
- Updating to new PEP8 requirements. [Diego Antonio Hurtado Pimentel]
- Add a dynamic timeout option. [Matthew Hall]
When this option is used expect will be repeated as long as output is still being returned.
- Modify pexpect logger to match actual data stream. [Javier Peralta]
This change adds a new filehandler that doesn't introduce line changes
arbitrarily. Also Add some line changes on known places to keep output
log file readable. With this changes the log file should match
pexpect's command output stream closer.
- Extending connection and disconnection arguments. [Diego Antonio Hurtado Pimentel]
- Refactoring _get_connection. [Diego Antonio Hurtado Pimentel]
- Removing support for Python 2.7. [Diego Antonio Hurtado Pimentel]
- Several fixes in the usage of the connection argument. [Diego Antonio Hurtado Pimentel]
This intentionally breaks compatibility with Python 2.7 since it uses
syntax introduced in PEP 3102.
- Increase echo sleep 1 second. [Javier Peralta]
- Adding support for sending control characters. [Diego Antonio Hurtado Pimentel]
- Bumping version to 1.9.9. [Javier Peralta]
- Increased delay_after_echo_off a bit. [Javier Peralta]
- Refactoring the changelog. [Diego Antonio Hurtado Pimentel]
- Log python error when plugin load fails. [Javier Peralta]
- Add some sleeps to allow bash to turn echo off. [Javier Peralta]
Command to set prompt was sometimes too fast and were sent
before bash turned off echo (stty -echo) resulting in
unwanted information being displayed. This commit makes
sure bash always have time to turn echo off.
- Adding reason to ``platform_incompatible`` marker.
- Adding timestamps to logs.
- Adding workaround for bug in mock.
- Using ``python3`` as base Python.
- Calling missing ``super``.
- Fixing typo in README.
- Making `StepLogger` backwards compatible.
- Fixing broken `step` logger.
- Fixing the `test_id` marker to make it work with Pytest > 3.0.0.
- Removing fixed dependencies.
- Adding logging functionality.
- Fixing the shells connect process.
- Handling calls to `decode` safely.
- Removed internal imports of deprecated modules.
- Adding .travis.yml file to integrate with Travis CI
- A new ServicesAPI for the nodes is now available. This new API allows to register and later on fetch information about the services a node provides.
- Greatly improved documentation for the Shell Low Level API introduced in 1.4.0. Check "The low-level shell API" in User Guide.
- The Low Level Shell API will now be able to log user commands. This new feature is backward compatible.
- Module `topology.platforms.base` is now deprecated. Please change your imports to:
topology.platforms.base.BasePlatform => topology.platforms.platform.BasePlatform
topology.platforms.base.BaseNode => topology.platforms.node.BaseNode
topology.platforms.base.CommonNode => topology.platforms.node.CommonNode
- Adding `user` as an option for `PExpectShell` to support shells that use
this kind of authentication.
- Raising the proper exception when a shell connection fails for the user to
handle it properly.
- Removing the version requirement of Pexpect since this may cause version
collisions with other Python packages commonly used with the framework.
- The documentation for _communication libraries_ has been improved a lot with
specific examples for common use cases added.
- The `pexpect` `spawn` arguments are now reachable from the initialization
of a shell object.
- The attribute injection feature is now capable of following symbolic links
while walking through directory paths.
- The version of all dependencies has been fixed. This is to avoid unexpected
code breaks when a bug is introduced in one of them.
- The reference documentation for the _vtysh_, _ping_ and _ip_ communication
libraries has been added to the documentation.
- PExpect shells now support multiple connections. This means that the same
shell object can now use several `pexpect` `spawn` objects.
- The base node class `BaseNode` now includes a `ports` attribute. This has
been used by all platform engine nodes so far, but was missing in their base
- A missing history file does not raise an error whene executing `topology`,
but is just logged as an error.
- A few CSS and other theme issues have been fixed.
- When expanding the search path for attribute injection all hidden folders
(starting with '.') will now be ignored.
- When processing files that matched the search path for attribute injection
all files that have ill formed / unparseable SZN strings will be logged as
error and skipped instead of raising an exception.
- When processing files that matched the search path for attribute injection
all `.py`'s that doesn't possess a `TOPOLOGY` variable will now be warned
and skipped instead of raising an exception.
- Fixed attribute injection crashing when a SZN file is in the node expansion
- Fixed rollback routine not being triggered when an non `Exception` subclass
- New `topology.platforms.shell.PExpectBashShell` class that allows to easily setup shells that uses bash.
- Fixed small identation bug that caused the function `get_shell()` in the node API to return always None.
- The shell used to execute a command will now be logged.
- New low level shell API that allows to define a common behavior for all low
level shell manipulation. This API is implemented by the
- Two new high level API methods for accesing the low level shell API:
myshell = mynode.get_shell('python')
response = myshell.execute('1 + 1')
Or using a context manager:
with mynode.use_shell('python') as python:
This context manager sets the default shell to 'python'
mynode('from os import getcwd')
cwd = mynode('print(getcwd())')
Access to the low-level shell API
python.send_command('foo = (', matches=['... '])
- Attribute injection will now try to match files on any subfolder of the
search paths and not only on the search paths themselves.
- Fixed critical bug in injection attribute not considering matches in some
- Added new API for the topology nodes that allow to set the default shell.
For example, you may now use `mynode.default_shell = 'bash'`.
- Documentation for the _Attribute Injection_ feature was added.
- Improvements for file matching in attribute injection files. Now, if using
pytest, all test folders passed as arguments will be used as search paths for
relative files specified in the attribute injection file. With this, it is no
longer required to use an absolute path, and this practice becomes deprecated.
- Fixed a bug in attribute injection when using `attribute=value` as node
identifier that caused all nodes with the attribute to use that value.
- Added a common `stateprovider` decorator to `topology.libraries.utils`
that allows to easily inject state to an enode in a Communication library.
- Added a common `NodeLoader` class to `topology.platforms.utils` that
allows a Platform Engine to find a load nodes for it's platform.
- Fixed fatal bug when running a single node topology without ports.
- Fixed new PEP8 checks on the codebase.
- Initial public release.