PyUp Safety actively tracks 323,951 Python packages for vulnerabilities and notifies you when to upgrade.
- Fix regression in 2.3.0: type annotations no longer redefine imports
- Recognize tuple concatenation in ``__all__`` export definitions - Better support use of annotation-only assignments when using ``from __future__ import annotations`` - Recognize special-case typing for ``Annotated`` - Fix undefined name ``__qualname__`` in class scope - Recognize special-cased typing for ``TypeVar`` - Errors for undefined exports in ``__all__`` are shown in a deterministic order - Fix false positives in certain typing constructs (``TypeVar``, ``NamedTuple``, ``TypedDict``, ``cast``)
- Include column information in error messages - Fix ``overload`` detection with other decorators and in non-global scopes - Fix return-type annotation being a class member - Fix assignment to ``_`` in doctests with existing ``_`` name - Namespace attributes which are attached to ast nodes with ``_pyflakes_`` to avoid conflicts with other libraries (notably bandit) - Add check for f-strings without placeholders - Add check for unused/extra/invalid ``'string literal'.format(...)`` - Add check for unused/extra/invalid ``'string literal % ...`` - Improve python shebang detection - Allow type ignore to be followed by a code `` type: ignore[attr-defined]`` - Add support for assignment expressions (PEP 572) - Support ``overload`` detection from ``typing_extensions`` as well - Fix ``overload`` detection for async functions - Allow ``continue`` inside ``finally`` in python 3.8+ - Fix handling of annotations in positional-only arguments - Make pyflakes more resistant to future syntax additions - Fix false positives in partially quoted type annotations - Warn about ``is`` comparison to tuples - Fix ``Checker`` usage with async function subtrees - Add check for ``if`` of non-empty tuple - Switch from ``optparse`` to ``argparse`` - Fix false positives in partially quoted type annotations in unusual contexts - Be more cautious when identifying ``Literal`` type expressions
- Fix reported line number for type comment errors - Fix typing.overload check to only check imported names
- Allow intentional assignment to variables named ``_`` - Recognize ``__module__`` as a valid name in class scope - ``pyflakes.checker.Checker`` supports checking of partial ``ast`` trees - Detect assign-before-use for local variables which shadow builtin names - Detect invalid ``print`` syntax using ``>>`` operator - Treat ``async for`` the same as a ``for`` loop for introducing variables - Add detection for list concatenation in ``__all__`` - Exempt ``typing.overload`` from duplicate function declaration - Importing a submodule of an ``as``-aliased ``import``-import is marked as used - Report undefined names from ``__all__`` as possibly coming from a ``*`` import - Add support for changes in Python 3.8-dev - Add support for PEP 563 (``from __future__ import annotations``) - Include Python version and platform information in ``pyflakes --version`` - Recognize ``__annotations__`` as a valid magic global in Python 3.6+ - Mark names used in PEP 484 `` type: ...`` comments as used - Add check for use of ``is`` operator with ``str``, ``bytes``, and ``int`` literals
- Drop support for EOL Python <2.7 and 3.2-3.3 - Check for unused exception binding in ``except:`` block - Handle string literal type annotations - Ignore redefinitions of ``_``, unless originally defined by import - Support ``__class__`` without ``self`` in Python 3 - Issue an error for ``raise NotImplemented(...)``
- Process function scope variable annotations for used names - Find Python files without extensions by their shebang
- Enable support for PEP 526 annotated assignments
- Change formatting of ImportStarMessage to be consistent with other errors - Support PEP 498 "f-strings"
- Fix PyPy2 Windows IntegrationTests - Check for duplicate dictionary keys - Fix TestMain tests on Windows - Fix "continue" and "break" checks ignoring py3.5's "async for" loop
- Fix TypeError when processing relative imports
- Avoid traceback when exception is del-ed in except
- Fix false RedefinedWhileUnused for submodule imports
- Warn against reusing exception names after the except: block on Python 3 - Improve the error messages for imports
- Allow main() to accept arguments. - Support matrix-multiplication operator - Validate ``__future__`` imports - Fix doctest scope testing - Warn for tuple assertions which are always true - Warn for "import \*" not at module level on Python 3 - Catch many more kinds of SyntaxErrors - Check PEP 498 f-strings - (and a few more sundry bugfixes)
- Python 3.5 support. async/await statements in particular. - Fix test_api.py on Windows. - Eliminate a false UnusedImport warning when the name has been declared "global"
- Fix a traceback when a global is defined in one scope, and used in another.
- Update NEWS.txt to include 0.9.0, which had been forgotten.
- Exit gracefully, not with a traceback, on SIGINT and SIGPIPE. - Fix incorrect report of undefined name when using lambda expressions in generator expressions. - Don't crash on DOS line endings on Windows and Python 2.6. - Don't report an undefined name if the 'del' which caused a name to become undefined is only conditionally executed. - Properly handle differences in list comprehension scope in Python 3. - Improve handling of edge cases around 'global' defined variables. - Report an error for 'return' outside a function.
- Detect the declared encoding in Python 3. - Do not report redefinition of import in a local scope, if the global name is used elsewhere in the module. - Catch undefined variable in loop generator when it is also used as loop variable. - Report undefined name for ``(a, b) = (1, 2)`` but not for the general unpacking ``(a, b) = func()``. - Correctly detect when an imported module is used in default arguments of a method, when the method and the module use the same name. - Distribute a universal wheel file.
- Adapt for the AST in Python 3.4. - Fix caret position on SyntaxError. - Fix crash on Python 2.x with some doctest SyntaxError. - Add tox.ini. - The ``PYFLAKES_NODOCTEST`` environment variable has been replaced with the ``PYFLAKES_DOCTEST`` environment variable (with the opposite meaning). Doctest checking is now disabled by default; set the environment variable to enable it. - Correctly parse incremental ``__all__ += [...]``. - Catch return with arguments inside a generator (Python <= 3.2). - Do not complain about ``_`` in doctests. - Drop deprecated methods ``pushFunctionScope`` and ``pushClassScope``.
- Do not report undefined name for generator expression and dict or set comprehension at class level. - Deprecate ``Checker.pushFunctionScope`` and ``Checker.pushClassScope``: use ``Checker.pushScope`` instead. - Remove dependency on Unittest2 for the tests.
- Fix computation of ``DoctestSyntaxError.lineno`` and ``col``. - Add boolean attribute ``Checker.withDoctest`` to ignore doctests. - If environment variable ``PYFLAKES_NODOCTEST`` is set, skip doctests. - Environment variable ``PYFLAKES_BUILTINS`` accepts a comma-separated list of additional built-in names.
- File ``bin/pyflakes`` was missing in tarball generated with distribute. - Fix reporting errors in non-ASCII filenames (Python 2.x).
- Add --version and --help options. - Support ``python -m pyflakes`` (Python 2.7 and Python 3.x). - Add attribute ``Message.col`` to report column offset. - Do not report redefinition of variable for a variable used in a list comprehension in a conditional. - Do not report redefinition of variable for generator expressions and set or dict comprehensions. - Do not report undefined name when the code is protected with a ``NameError`` exception handler. - Do not report redefinition of variable when unassigning a module imported for its side-effect. - Support special locals like ``__tracebackhide__`` for py.test. - Support checking doctests. - Fix issue with Turkish locale where ``'i'.upper() == 'i'`` in Python 2.
- Fix detection of variables in augmented assignments.
- Support Python 3 up to 3.3, based on the pyflakes3k project. - Preserve compatibility with Python 2.5 and all recent versions of Python. - Support custom reporters in addition to the default Reporter. - Allow function redefinition for modern property construction via property.setter/deleter. - Fix spurious redefinition warnings in conditionals. - Do not report undefined name in ``__all__`` if import * is used. - Add WindowsError as a known built-in name on all platforms. - Support specifying additional built-ins in the ``Checker`` constructor. - Don't issue Unused Variable warning when using locals() in current scope. - Handle problems with the encoding of source files. - Remove dependency on Twisted for the tests. - Support ``python setup.py test`` and ``python setup.py develop``. - Create script using setuptools ``entry_points`` to support all platforms, including Windows.
- Convert pyflakes to use newer _ast infrastructure rather than compiler. - Support for new syntax in 2.7 (including set literals, set comprehensions, and dictionary comprehensions). - Make sure class names don't get bound until after class definition.
- Fix reporting for certain SyntaxErrors which lack line number information. - Check for syntax errors more rigorously. - Support checking names used with the class decorator syntax in versions of Python which have it. - Detect local variables which are bound but never used. - Handle permission errors when trying to read source files. - Handle problems with the encoding of source files. - Support importing dotted names so as not to incorrectly report them as redefined unused names. - Support all forms of the with statement. - Consider static ``__all__`` definitions and avoid reporting unused names if the names are listed there. - Fix incorrect checking of class names with respect to the names of their bases in the class statement. - Support the ``__path__`` global in ``__init__.py``.
- Display more informative SyntaxError messages. - Don't hang flymake with unmatched triple quotes (only report a single line of source for a multiline syntax error). - Recognize ``__builtins__`` as a defined name. - Improve pyflakes support for python versions 2.3-2.5 - Support for if-else expressions and with statements. - Warn instead of error on non-existent file paths. - Check for ``__future__`` imports after other statements. - Add reporting for some types of import shadowing. - Improve reporting of unbound locals