- Add client-side limit for batch requests (585)
- Fix the client to respect the passed in developerKey and credentials
- Catch ServerNotFoundError to retry the request (532)
- Make apiclient.sample_tools gracefully fail to import (525).
- Remove unnecessary check in apiclient/__ini__.py (522).
- Remove unnecessary check in setup.py (518).
This release drops the hard requirement on oauth2client and installs
google-auth by default instead. oauth2client is still supported but will
need to be explicitly installed.
- Drop oauth2client dependency (499)
- Include tests in source distribution (514)
**Note**: The next release of this library will no longer directly depend on
oauth2client. If you need to use oauth2client, you'll need to explicitly
- Make body optional for requests with no parameters. (446)
- Fix retying on socket.timeout. (495)
- Match travis matrix with tox testenv. (498)
- Remove oauth2client._helpers dependency. (493)
- Remove unused keyring test dependency. (496)
- discovery.py: remove unused oauth2client import. (492)
- Update README to reference GCP API client libraries. (490)
- Warn when constructing BatchHttpRequest using the legacy batch URI (488)
- Increase the default media chunksize to 100MB. (482)
- Remove unnecessary parsing of mime headers in HttpRequest.__init__ (467)
- Proactively refresh credentials when applying and treat a missing
`access_token` as invalid. Note: This change reveals surprising behavior
between default credentials and batches. If you allow
`googleapiclient.discovery.build` to use default credentials *and* specify
different credentials by providing `batch.execut()` with an explicit `http`
argument, your individual requests will use the default credentials and
*not* the credentials specified to the batch http. To avoid this, tell
`build` explicitly not to use default credentials by specifying
`build(..., http=httplib2.Http()`. (469)
- Remove mutual exclusivity check for developerKey and credentials (465)
- Handle unknown media length. (406)
- Handle variant error format gracefully. (459)
- Avoid testing against Django >= 2.0.0 on Python 2. (460)
- Warn when google-auth credentials are used but google-auth-httplib2 isn't available. (443)
- Add notification of maintenance mode to README. (410)
- Fix generation of methods with abnormal page token conventions. (338)
- Raise ValueError is credentials and developerKey are both specified. (358)
- Re-generate documentation. (364, 373, 401)
- Fix method signature documentation for multiline required parameters. (374)
- Fix ZeroDivisionError in MediaDownloadProgress.progress. (377)
- Fix dead link to WebTest in README. (378)
- Fix details missing in googleapiclient.errors.HttpError. (412)
- Don't treat httplib2.Credentials as oauth credentials. (425)
- Various fixes to the Django sample. (413)
- Fixed a bug where application default credentials would still be used even
when a developerKey was specified. (347)
- Official support for Python 3.5 and 3.6. (341)
- Fixed a bug where using google-auth with scoped credentials would fail. (328)
Release to drop support for Python 2.6 and add support for google-auth.
- Support for Python 2.6 has been dropped. (319)
- The credentials argument to discovery.build and discovery.build_from_document
can be either oauth2client credentials or google-auth credentials. (319)
- discovery.build and discovery.build_from_document now unambiguously use the
http argument to make all requests, including the request for the discovery
- The http and credentials arguments to discovery.build and
discovery.build_from_document are now mutually exclusive, eliminating a
buggy edge case. (319)
- If neither http or credentials is specified to discovery.build and
discovery.build_from_document, then Application Default Credentials will
be used. The library prefers google-auth for this if it is available, but
can also use oauth2client's implementation. (319)
- Fixed resumable upload failure when receiving a 308 response. (312)
- Clarified the support versions of Python 3. (316)
- Allow explicit MIME type specification with media_mime_type keyword argument.
- Fix unprintable representation of BatchError with default constructor. (165)
- Refresh all discovery docs, not just the preferred ones. (298)
- Update minimum httplib2 dependency to >=0.9.2.
- Properly handle errors when the API returns a mapping or sequence. (289)
- Upgrade to unified uritemplate 3.0.0. (293)
- Allow oauth2client 4.0.0, with the caveat that file-based discovery
caching is disabled.
- Fixed import error with oauth2client >= 3.0.0. (270)
- Allow using oauth2client >= 1.5.0, < 4.0.0. (265)
- Fix project_id argument description. (257)
- Retry chunk uploaded on rate limit exceeded errors. (255)
- Obtain access token if necessary in BatchHttpRequest.execute(). (232)
- Warn when running tests using HttpMock without having a cache. (261)
- Allow using versions of oauth2client < 2.0.0. (197)
- Check both current and new API discovery URL. (202)
- Retry http requests on connection errors and timeouts. (218)
- Retry http requests on rate limit responses. (201)
- Import guards for ssl (for Google App Engine). (220)
- Use named loggers instead of the root logger. (206)
- New search console example. (212)
Release to support oauth2client >= 2.0.0.
- Fix file stream recognition in Python 3 (141)
- Fix non-resumable binary uploads in Python 3 (147)
- Default to 'octet-stream' if mimetype detection fails (157)
- Handle SSL errors with retries (160)
- Fix incompatibility with oauth2client v2.0.0 (182)
Add automatic caching for the discovery docs.
Add the googleapiclient.discovery.Resource.new_batch_http_request method.
Python 3 support.
Small bugfix release.
- Fix an infinite loop for downloading small files.
- Fix a unicode error in error encoding.
- Better handling of `content-length` in media requests.
- Add support for methodPath entries containing colon.
Quick release for a fix around aliasing in v1.3.
Add support for the Google Application Default Credentials.
Require python 2.6 as a minimum version.
Update several API samples.
Finish splitting out oauth2client repo and update tests.
Various doc cleanup and bugfixes.
Two important notes:
* We've added `googleapiclient` as the primary suggested import
name, and kept `apiclient` as an alias, in order to have a more
appropriate import name. At some point, we will remove `apiclient`
as an alias.
* Due to an issue around in-place upgrades for Python packages,
it's not possible to do an upgrade from version 1.2 to 1.3. Instead,
setup.py attempts to detect this and prevents it. Simply remove
the previous version and reinstall to fix this.
The use of the gflags library is now deprecated, and is no longer a
dependency. If you are still using the oauth2client.tools.run() function
then include gflags as a dependency of your application or switch to
Samples have been updated to use the new apiclient.sample_tools, and no
longer use gflags.
Added support for the experimental Object Change Notification, as found in
the Cloud Storage API.
The oauth2client App Engine decorators are now threadsafe.
- Use the following redirects feature of httplib2 where it returns the
ultimate URL after a series of redirects to avoid multiple hops for every
resumable media upload request.
- Updated AdSense Management API samples to V1.3
- Add option to automatically retry requests.
- Ability to list registered keys in multistore_file.
- User-agent must contain (gzip).
- The 'method' parameter for httplib2 is not positional. This would cause
spurious warnings in the logging.
- Making OAuth2Decorator more extensible. Fixes Issue 256.
- Update AdExchange Buyer API examples to version v1.2.
Add PEM support to SignedJWTAssertionCredentials (used to only support
PKCS12 formatted keys). Note that if you use PEM formatted keys you can use
PyCrypto 2.6 or later instead of OpenSSL.
Allow deserialized discovery docs to be passed to build_from_document().
- Make ResumableUploadError derive from HttpError.
- Many changes to move all the closures in apiclient.discovery into real
- classes and objects.
- Make from_json behavior inheritable.
- Expose the full token response in OAuth2Client and OAuth2Decorator.
- Handle reasons that are None.
- Added support for NDB based storing of oauth2client objects.
- Update grant_type for AssertionCredentials.
- Adding a .revoke() to Credentials. Closes issue 98.
- Modify oauth2client.multistore_file to store and retrieve credentials
using an arbitrary key.
- Don't accept 403 challenges by default for auth challenges.
- Set httplib2.RETRIES to 1.
- Consolidate handling of scopes.
- Upgrade to httplib2 version 0.8.
- Allow setting the response_type in OAuth2WebServerFlow.
- Ensure that dataWrapper feature is checked before using the 'data' value.
- HMAC verification does not use a constant time algorithm.
- Documentation for the library has switched to epydoc:
- Many improvements for media support:
* Added media download support, including resumable downloads.
* Better handling of streams that report their size as 0.
* Update Media Upload to include io.Base and also fix some bugs.
- OAuth bug fixes and improvements.
* Remove OAuth 1.0 support.
* Added credentials_from_code and credentials_from_clientsecrets_and_code.
* Make oauth2client support Windows-friendly locking.
* Fix bug in StorageByKeyName.
* Fix None handling in Django fields. Reviewed in http://codereview.appspot.com/6298084/. Fixes issue 128.
- Add epydoc generated docs. Reviewed in http://codereview.appspot.com/6305043/
- Move to PEP386 compliant version numbers.
- New and updated samples
* Ad Exchange Buyer API v1 code samples.
* Automatically generate Samples wiki page from README files.
* Update Google Prediction samples.
* Add a Tasks sample that demonstrates Service accounts.
* new analytics api samples. Reviewed here: http://codereview.appspot.com/5494058/
- Convert all inline samples to the Farm API for consistency.
- Updated meda upload support.
- Many fixes for batch requests.
- Better handling for requests that don't require a body.
- Fix issues with Google App Engine Python 2.7 runtime.
- Better support for proxies.
- All Storages now have a .delete() method.
- Important changes which might break your code:
* apiclient.anyjson has moved to oauth2client.anyjson.
* Some calls, for example, taskqueue().lease() used to require a parameter
named body. In this new release only methods that really need to send a body
require a body parameter, and so you may get errors about an unknown
'body' parameter in your call. The solution is to remove the unneeded
- Support for batch requests. http://code.google.com/p/google-api-python-client/wiki/Batch
- Support for media upload. http://code.google.com/p/google-api-python-client/wiki/MediaUpload
- Better handling for APIs that return something other than JSON.
- Major cleanup and consolidation of the samples.
- Bug fixes and other enhancements:
72 Defect Appengine OAuth2Decorator: Convert redirect address to string
22 Defect Better error handling for unknown service name or version
48 Defect StorageByKeyName().get() has side effects
50 Defect Need sample client code for Admin Audit API
28 Defect better comments for app engine sample Nov 9
63 Enhancement Let OAuth2Decorator take a list of scope