PyUp Safety actively tracks 268,345 Python packages for vulnerabilities and notifies you when to upgrade.
* Add an `encoding` argument to `write_table` to allow specifying the output encoding. Thanks to mitchgrogg for reporting [issue 27](https://github.com/alan-turing-institute/CleverCSV/issues/27).
* Add support for standardizing in-place and standardizing multiple files. * Add warning on duplicate field names in DictReader * Add return value to writers to match the standard library.
* Various speed ups to constructing the list of potential dialects. This removes a costly step of the detection process that will likely add a few more potential dialects, but has the end result of making overall dialect detection faster.
* Rename wrapper functions to a more coherent naming scheme. Old names will be available until 0.7.0, but now produce a FutureWarning. * Add ``stream_dicts`` wrapper function. * Improve handling of file encoding for the ``read_dataframe`` wrapper: detected encoding is now passed on to Pandas. * Fix handling of optional dependency error for TabView on non-Windows platforms.
* Update URL regex to avoid catastrophic backtracking and increase performance. See [issue 13](https://github.com/alan-turing-institute/CleverCSV/issues/13) and [issue 15](https://github.com/alan-turing-institute/CleverCSV/issues/15). Thanks to kaskawu for the fix and jlumbroso for re-raising the issue. * Add ``num_chars`` keyword argument to ``read_as_dicts`` and ``csv2df`` wrappers. * Improve documentation w.r.t. handling large files. Thanks to jlumbroso for raising this issue.
* Add an ``explore`` command to the command line application for CleverCSV. This command makes it easy to start exploring a CSV file using the Python interactive shell.
* Split the package into a "core" and "full" version. This allows users who only need the improved dialect detection functionality to download a version with a smaller footprint. Fixes [issue 10](https://github.com/alan-turing-institute/CleverCSV/issues/10)]. Thanks to seperman.
* Fix speed of ``unix_path`` regex used in type detection. ([issue 13](https://github.com/alan-turing-institute/CleverCSV/issues/13)). Thanks to kaskawu.
* Add ``stream_csv`` wrapper that returns a generator over rows * Minor update to the URL type detection * Documentation updates
* Fix bugs discovered from fuzz testing ([issue 7](https://github.com/alan-turing-institute/CleverCSV/issues/7)) * Minor changes to readme and code quality
* Fix using nan as default value when skipping a dialect ([issue 5](https://github.com/alan-turing-institute/CleverCSV/issues/5))
* Bump version to fix wheel building
* Bump version to fix wheel building
* Improve type detection for quoted alphanumeric cells (4) * Pass ``strict`` dialect property to parser.
* Bugfix for ``write_table`` wrapper on Windows. * Move building Windows platform wheels to Travis. * Use ``cibuildwheel`` version 1.0.0 for building wheels.
* Add a wrapper function that writes a table to a CSV file.
* Update CleverCSV to match updated clikit dependency * Fix dependency versions for clikit and cleo
* Update ``standardize`` command to use CRLF line endings on all platforms. * Add work around for Tabview being unavailable on Windows. * Remove packaging and dependency management with Poetry. * Add support for building platform wheels on Travis and AppVeyor.
* Add optional ``method`` parameter to dialect detector. * Bugfix for ``clevercsv code`` command when the delimiter is tab.
* Fix a failing build due to dependency version mismatch
* Allow underscore in alphanumeric strings * Update unix path regular expression * Add more integration tests and log detection method
* Update URL regular expression and add unit tests * Add IPv4 type detection * Add tie-breaker for combined quotechar and escapechar ties
* Bugfix for console script ``code`` command * Update readme
* Cleanly handle failure to detect dialect in console application * Remove any (partial) support for Python 2
* Remove Python parser - this speeds up file reading and tie breaking
* Ensure the C parser is used in the ``reader``. * Update integration tests to improve error handling * Readme updates
* Ensure detected encoding is in the generated Python code for the ``clevercsv code`` command. * Ensure encoding is detected in ``wrappers.detect_dialect``. * Bugfix in integration test * Expand readme
* Add documentation on [Read the Docs](https://clevercsv.readthedocs.io/) * Use requirements.txt file for dependencies when packaging
* Add help description to each CLI command * Update README * Add transpose flag for ``standardize`` and ``view`` commands
* Rewrite console application using Cleo * Add unit tests for console application * Add ``detect_dialect`` wrapper function * Add support for "unix_path" data type in type detection * Add ``encoding`` and ``num_chars`` options to ``read_csv`` wrapper * Add ``-p/--pandas`` flag to ``code`` command to generate Pandas output.
* Rename ``read_as_lol`` to ``read_csv``.
* Allow setting the number of characters to read * Simplify printing of skipped potential dialects
* Add ``read_as_lol`` wrapper function.
* Add ``code`` command to ``clevercsv`` command line program.
* Bugfix to update executable to new name
* Rename package to clevercsv