PyUp Safety actively tracks 268,179 Python packages for vulnerabilities and notifies you when to upgrade.
* Now fully unicode aware. Work is done internally in unicode, only translating to encoded form on input/output. * Added --encoding option. * Specifying --encoding=raw will allow working with broken filenames. (But really, you should just fix them, if possible.) * Torrent files now default to UTF-8 filename encoding, and specify the encoding field in the metainfo. * The encoding of text checksum files that start with a Unicode BOM is auto detected. * Python 2.3 is now the minimum supported version. * Decode the torrent comment field too. * Changed handling of -f: Now all options are checked before testing/creating the file. (Benjamin Hohl) * Torrent file handling no longer requires BitTorrent client to be installed. * Support for GNU coreutils sha224sum, sha256sum, sha384sum and sha512sum formats. * New project home: https://github.com/cfv-project/cfv
* Fix python2.6 md5 and sha module deprecation warnings.
* Print help output to stdout under non-error conditions. (Requested by Simon Howard) * Work around mmap file descriptor leak in Python 2.4.2. * Support different module layout of BitTorrent 5.x. * Fix "struct integer overflow masking is deprecated" warning. (Reported by jjacobs2) * Add --private_torrent flag. (Requested by Anders Henke) * Work around bug in Python (only manifests with 64-bit Python version >= 2.5) which causes checksums of files > 4GB to be incorrectly calculated (when using mmap, eg, when the progress meter is disabled or not shown.)
* Fix TypeError when using progress meter and checksumming stdin. * Fix progress meter spew when checksumming special files(devices, named pipes, etc.) * Sort list of checksum types in --help output. * Make -t help (or -t with unknown type) print list of types, with descriptions.
* Added special hack for multi-file .torrents to automatically strip the first path component off if it doesn't exist. (Allows testing .torrent files within their dirs without having to manually do --strip=1) * Added .torrent creation support. * Fix testing torrents which contain large number of files giving "too many open files" errors. * Fix failure of -n in renaming bad files when testing a torrent file on windows due to windows not allowing renaming a file that is open. * Fix TypeError when using --progress=yes and not running under a tty and COLUMNS env var is set. (Reported by Steven Mueller) * Work around mmap error on large files. (Reported by Sapheriel) * Added sha1sum file support (-t sha1).
* Handle .torrent files that have the creation date encoded as a string. * Handle .torrent files that specify the filename encoding. * Fix exceptions when trying to print unicode filenames containing non-ascii characters. * Add -s option to search for misnamed files. * Make .torrent support try BitTornado module if BitTorrent isn't found. * Fix --strippaths=0 handling of multiple leading slashes and of dos-style drive letters with forward slashes. * Improve handling of " and , in filenames in CSV files. (CSV parsing still won't be 100% correct, but doing any better would basically require adding a dependancy on some external csv module..) * Replace automagic buggy-quoting workaround with --unquote option, fixes --strippath handling of quoted filenames and avoids potential insanity with -n, -s, and quoted filenames.
* Optimize progress meter display when checking lots of small files. * Add .torrent file support (requires BitTorrent.)
* Add -l/-L options to toggle symlink following. * When following symlinks, don't die on cycles. * Ignore redundant FileDesc packets in PAR2 files. * Check that PAR2 files have FileDesc packets for every file listed in the Main packet. * Cache file checksums in memory in case they are verified by multiple checksum files. * -u now works correctly with deep checksum files. * -u option will now show dir/* if no files in a dir were verified. (--list=unverified still lists each unverified file.) * -uu can be used to force showing all unverified files. * Fix handling of the [files...] arguments in recursive test mode. * Add .p[0-9][0-9] (par1 recovery files) to the list of checksum file extensions to test automatically. * Fix FutureWarning "%X of negative int ..." on Python 2.3. * Add progress meter for file checksumming. (Can be toggled with the progress option.) * Only the new version 1.7 of fchksum module is supported. * Fix fixpaths option on windows.
* Support md5sum files with comments in them. * Support PAR2 files. * Specifying -t in testmode without -f will cause cfv to only test files it finds if they are of the given type. * Doesn't try to test csv files with more than 4 fields as csv4 files. * Updated my email address. The old one should still forward for about a year, but you should switch to using the new one when contacting me. * Support _cfvrc as an alternate name for .cfvrc. * Add win32src zip and win32 installer exe (using NSIS and py2exe).
* Fix exception in test mode when specifying -t and -f with a non-existant file. * Add support for sfvmd5 files generated by some windows software. (Just a SFV formatted file using md5 checksums rather than crc32.) * Handle quoted paths and filenames in csv4 files. * Add filename_type .cfvrc option to allow user overriding of what type of checksum file to create when -t isn't specified and -f is. * Only print the md5sum "tested in textmode" warning once, and print a count at the end.
* Fix make install when target directories don't already exist. (Reported by Svend S. Sorensen) * Fix cfv -u -t blah -f foo.blah from reporting foo.blah as unverified. * Make create mode also display seperate stats per checksum file. * Make create mode be verbose in verbose mode. * Fix exception on error creating/writing a checksum file. (Eg, in a readonly dir, or a full drive.) * Accept files with weird line endings (eg \r\r\n). * Add support for (JPEG Sheriff format) .crc files. (The dimensions column is only added if The Python Imaging Library is avialable.) * Fix printing incorrect paths for subsequent files in recursive mode after encountering a directory that could not be accessed.
* Due to architectural changes, unicode requirements(for .par support), etc, cfv now requires python 1.6 or higher. * Add test-only support for PAR files. (python 1.6 or 2.2 recommended for better performance.) * Print first SFV comment line in testing from blah.sfv line. (usually shows creating sfv program/creation time.) * Add --strippaths option. (Like patch's -p/--strip option.) * Revamp --showpaths option parsing, and add relative mode. (Note, auto-relative is now the default, to get the old behaviour specify "showpaths auto-absolute" in your .cfvrc) * Added cmdlineglob config option. * Added -Q command line arg to show only status lines. * Alternate method of setting verbose .cfvrc option (using command line verbosity option letter.)
* Fix file.close() exception on -C in empty dir. * Add mmap support for faster checksumming when not using fchksum module. * Add CFV_NOFCHKSUM and CFV_NOMMAP env vars. (Mostly for testing/debugging.) * Handle files made by buggy programs that add quotes to filenames. * Print stats about number of case differences and quoted filenames. * In recursive mode, an unaccessible dir no longer causes an exception. (Reported by Harley Gorrell) * Fix excessive memory usage on deep recursive create mode in tree with lots of files. (Reported by Harley Gorrell) * Display seperate stats per checksum file, and (if needed) a total at the end. * In create mode, an already existing checksum file now causes a cferror, rather than an immediate exit.
* Support bsd style md5 files (-t bsdmd5). * Make test.py not attempt to verify against md5sum if it is not available (ie, on bsd). (reported by Hannu Liljemark) * No longer attempt to set user/group in make install. * Add raw listing output options. (--list/--list0)
* Fixed ignore case for deep (-rr) checksum files. * Added gzipped checksum file support. * Added change to directory first option (-p). * Makefile uses PYTHON var instead of hardcoded "python". * Added configurable renaming of bad files. * Extended --version output.
* Fixed makefile not finding pkgdir if installing to /usr/local and no site-packages in /usr/local is in python's sys.path. * Added -q option. * Make exit status a bitwise or of the various possible error types. * Added cferror counter/exit status for unrecognized checksum files. * Catch errors opening checksum files and set cferror counter instead of exiting with unhandled exception. * Add error message for reading unrecognized lines in a checksum file, and set cferror counter. * Use Longs for per file sizes too, should be no large file issues anymore. (if you are using fchksum you should upgrade to 1.3 too.) * Time format uses .3 instead of .2 precision.
* Fixed reading md5sum files that had dos eol on non-dos systems. * Loosened .sfv file recognition all the way. * Added --help alias for -h. * Added --version.
* Made ignore case option always search for correct filename if using show unverified files mode. Fixes problem with incorrectly showing some files as unverified on FAT drives. * Caches dir entries for much faster ignore case operation. * Accepts - to represent stdin for data source and/or stdout for destination of checksums. * Added -VV option. * Errors printed to stderr instead of stdout. * Uses class instances instead of imp module for checksum types. * If using fchksum module, you now need at least version 1.2 (due to stdin ability).
* Added ignore case option. * Added fix paths option. * Added handler for csv files with the dir seperate from the file name (-t csv4). * Makes any absolute paths found in checksum files into relative paths. * Added show paths option.
* Added test suite. * Fixed 'x not in list' error when using -u and checksum file was not among the files to be tested. (First bug found with test suite ;) * Exits with non-zero status if any errors occured.
* Fixed install wrapper stuff to compile _after_ it has been installed into the target dir.
* Fixed "illegal argument type" error when creating csv format files. * Added note to manpage about -rr and path seperators. * Added show unverified files option. * Fixed md5 file testing when specifying files to test as command line args.
* Added make install-wrapper option for faster startup times. * Uses long int value for total bytes read, to avoid overflow if you are checking a lot of files. (>=2GB, on 32bit archs) * Fixed divide by zero error on systems with lower resolution timers (ie, python-win32) * Ignore blank lines in .cfvrc * Loosened .sfv file recognition some more. * Handle error on creating/writing checksum file better. * Add handler for .csv files with no crc field (-t csv2).
* .sfv file recognition loosened a bit (nvCRC32 says generated using instead of by) * uses fchksum module if available. (1.1x-2.0x faster)
* recursive mode (-r and -rr) * only creates checksum file when there is actually something to put in it * if user doesn't specify files on command line, don't print errors about trying to add any directories and such
* md5sum support (-t md5) * config file support * missing file only check (-m) 2000-06-22 - v1.0: first release