In this release
- Added setup.py for easy dependency resolution and pypi support.
- Restructured the directories to reflect this.
- You can now download the project from pypi. `python3 -m pip install ascii_py`
- Fixed a bug where ascii py didn't properly handle PIL.Image.getpixel() return values.
I have received a few patches from a couple of people and their code has made their way into my silly little script. Thank you to Gnoxter and abhikpal and to everyone in their continued interest in my ascii_py!
- -d --density
- Make colorful traditional ascii art as an image
- -t --terminal
- Make colorful traditional ascii art in your terminal
I also added a Windows executable, compiled using Pyinstaller, for my Windows friends who don't want to go through the steps of installing everything.
Create ascii image files out of pictures
What's in this release?
- main.py - command line utility
- `-o` / `--out` - Save as a specific filename
- `-w` / `--words` - Draw the new picture with specific words
- `-s` / `--step` - Chose the distance between characters
- main-gui.py - graphical utility
- All of the command line flags are also contained in the GUI
- To use the GUI please install PySide (see readme)