PyUp Safety actively tracks 232,000 Python packages for vulnerabilities and notifies you when to upgrade.
* Feature: Allow list_library caching to be tunable via a settings collection. * Bugfix: 777: Handle empty columns in dataframes
* Bugfix: Pandas convert multiindexes to unicode if flag set.
* Bugfix: 765 Pandas data columns require encoding to convert to unicode.
* Bugfix: Use the default encoding (ascii) instead of bytes for unpickling.
* Bugfix: pypandoc not rendering README correctly for PYPI * Bugfix: 744 get_info on an empty dataframe raises an exception * Bugfix: 751 Handle unpickling py2 datetime and other object types with latin1 * Bugfix: 598 Add an option to convert py2 str to py3 str (unicode type) on read.
* Bugfix: 712 Pandas deprecation warning in chunkstore serializer * BugFix: 670 Lots of pycodestyle fixes * BugFix: 691 Fix arrays_to_mgr for pandas 0.23.4+ * BugFix: 698 Fix no handler in logging warning * BugFix: 705 Use sort_index instead of sortlevel_ * BugFix: 710: Initialize SEGMENT_SHA in versions for writes and appends * Feature: 669 Experimental initial implementation of async arctic * Feature: 704 Do not enable sharding by default in BSONStore. * Feature: 688 Remove Chunkstore check for issue 422 * Feature: 717 Add a best effort cache for list_libraries * Bugfix: 722 Exception while reading a column from chunkstore with a column missing in the chunk
* Bugfix: 658 Write/append errors for Panel objects from older pandas versions * Feature: 653 Add version meta-info in arctic module * Feature: 663 Include arctic numerical version in the metadata of the version document * Feature: 650 Implemented forward pointers for chunks in VersionStore (modes: enabled/disabled/hybrid)
* Feature: 577 Added implementation for incremental serializer for numpy records * Bugfix: 648 Fix issue with Timezone aware Pandas types, which don't contain hasobject attribute
* Bugfix: 645 Fix write errors for Pandas DataFrame that has mixed object/string types in multi-index column
* Bugfix: 157 Assure that serialized dataframes remain value-equivalent (e.g. avoid NaN --> 'nan' in mixed string columns) * Bugfix: 608 Ensure Arctic performs well with MongoDB 3.6 (sorting) * Bugfix: 629 Column kwarg no longer modified * Bugfix: 641 DateRange.intersection open/closed range fix * Feature: 493 Can pass kwargs when calling MongoClient, e.g. for ssl * Feature: 590 Faster write handler selection for DataFrames with objects * Feature: 604 Improved handling handling for pickling serialization decidions
* Docs: VersionStore documentation * Bugfix: Issue 612 ThreadPool should be created by process using it * Feature: Upsert option on appends in ChunkStore
* Feature: 553 Compatibility with both the new and old LZ4 API * Feature: 571 Removed the Cython LZ4 code, use the latest python-lz4 * Feature: 557 Threadpool based compression. Speed imrpovement and tuning benchmarks. * Bugfix: fix tickstore unicode handling, support both unicode and utf-8 arrays * Bugfix: 591 Fix tickstore reads not returning index with localized timezone * Feature: 595 add host attribute to VersionedItem. * Bugfix: 594 Enable sharding on chunkstore
* Bugfix: 579 Fix symbol corruption due to restore_version and append * Bugfix: 584 Fix list_versions for a snapshot after deleting symbols in later versions
* Bugfix: 561 Fix PickleStore read corruption after write_metadata
* Bugfix: 168 Do not allow empty string as a column name * Bugfix: 483 Remove potential floating point error from datetime_to_ms * Bugfix: 271 Log when library doesnt exist on delete * Feature: MetaDataStore: added list_symbols with regexp, as_of and metadata fields matching filters * Feature: Support for serialization of DataFrames in Pandas 0.23.x
* Bugfix: 534 VersionStore: overwriting a symbol with different dtype (but same data format) does not raise exceptions anymore * Bugfix: 531 arctic_prune_versions: clean broken snapshot references before pruning * Bugfix: setup.py develop in a conda environment on Mac * Feature: 490 add support to numpy 1.14
* Bugfix: 521 Clang 6.0 compiler support on macOS * Feature: 510 VersionStore: support multi column in pandas DataFrames
* Bugfix: 517 VersionStore: append does not duplicate data in certain corner cases * Bugfix: 519 VersionStore: list_symbols speed improvement and fix for memory limit exceed
* Feature: 288 Mapping reads and writes over chunks in chunkstore * Bugfix: 508 VersionStore: list_symbols and read now always returns latest version * Bugfix: 512 Improved performance for list_versions * Bugfix: 515 VersionStore: _prune_previous_versions now retries the cleanup operation
* Bugfix: 503 ChunkStore: speedup check for -1 segments * Feature: 504 Increasing number of libraries in Arctic to 5000.
* Bugfix: Increase performance of invalid segment check in chunkstore * Bugfix: 501 Fix the spurious data integrity exceptions at write path, due to moving chunks form the balancer
* Bugfix: 491 roll back the use of frombuffer to fromstring, fixes the read-only ndarray issue
* Feature: 206 String support for tickstore * Bugfix: 486 improve mongo_retry robustness with failures for version store write/append
* Bugfix: 468 Re-adding compatibility for pandas 0.20.x * Bugfix: 476 Ensure we re-auth when a new MongoClient is created after fork
* Bugfix: 439 fix cursor timeouts in chunkstore iterator * Bugfix: 450 fix error in chunkstore delete when chunk range produces empty df * Bugfix: 442 fix incorrect segment values in multi segment chunks in chunkstore * Feature: 457 enchances fix for 442 via segment_id_repair tool * Bugfix: 385 exceptions during quota statistics no longer kill a write * Feature: PR161 TickStore.max_date now returns a datetime in the 'local' timezone * Feature: 425 user defined metadata for tickstore * Feature: 464 performance improvement by avoiding unnecessary re-authentication * Bugfix: 250 Added multiprocessing safety, check for initialized MongoClient after fork. * Feature: 465 Added fast operations for write only metadata and restore symbol to a version
* Bugfix: 440 Fix read empty MultiIndex+tz Series
* Perf: 408 Improve memory performance of version store's serializer * Bugfix 394 Multi symbol read in chunkstore * Bugfix: 407 Fix segment issue on appends in chunkstore * Bugfix: Inconsistent returns on MetadataStore.append * Bugfix: 412 pandas deprecation and 289 improve exception report in numpy record serializer * Bugfix: 420 chunkstore ignoring open interval date ranges * Bugfix: 427 chunkstore metadata not being correctly replaced during symbol overwrite * Bugfix: 431 chunkstore iterators do not handle multi segment chunks correctly
* Bugfix: 397 Remove calls to deprecated methods in pymongo * Bugfix: 402 Append to empty DF fails in VersionStore
* Feature: 396 MetadataStore.read now supports as_of argument * Bugfix: 397 Pin pymongo==3.4.0
* Feature: 392 MetadataStore * Bugfix: 384 sentinels missing time data on chunk start/ends in ChunkStore * Bugfix: 382 Remove dependency on cython being pre-installed * Bugfix: 343 Renaming libraries/collections within a namespace/database
* BugFix: Rollback 363, as it breaks multi-index dataframe * Bugfix: 372 OSX build improvements
* Feature: Re-introduce 363 `concat` flag, essentially undo-ing 1.45 * BugFix: 377 Fix broken `replace_one` on BSONStore and add `bulk_write`
* Feature: 374 Shard BSONStore on `_id` rather than `symbol`
* BugFix: Rollback 363, which can cause ordering issues on append
* Feature: 364 Expose compressHC from internal arctic LZ4 and remove external LZ4 dependency * Feature: 363 Appending older data (compare to what's exist in library) will raise. Use `concat=True` to append only the new bits * Feature: 371 Expose more functionality in BSONStore
* Bugfix: 350 remove deprecated pandas calls * Bugfix: 360 version incorrect in empty append in VersionStore * Feature: 365 add generic BSON store
* Bugfix: 346 fixed daterange subsetting error on very large dateframes in version store * Bugfix: 351 $size queries can't use indexes, use alternative queries
* Bugfix: 334 Chunk range param with pandas object fails in chunkstore.get_chunk_ranges * Bugfix: 339 Depending on lz4<=0.8.2 to fix build errors * Bugfix: 342 fixed compilation errors on Mac OSX * Bugfix: 344 fixed data corruption problem with concurrent appends
* BugFix: 330 Make Arctic._lock reentrant
* Feature: 329 Add reset() method to Arctic
* Bugfix: 324 Datetime indexes must be sorted in chunkstore * Feature: 290 improve performance of tickstore column reads
* Bugfix: 300 to_datetime deprecated in pandas, use to_pydatetime instead * Bugfix: 309 formatting change for DateRange __str__ * Feature: 313 set and read user specified metadata in chunkstore * Feature: 319 Audit log support in ChunkStor * Bugfix: 216 Tickstore write fails with named index column
* Feature: Default to hashed based sharding * Bugfix: retry socket errors during VersionStore snapshot operations
* Bugfix: 296 Cannot compress/decompress empty string
* Feature: 294 Move per-chunk metadata for chunkstore to a separate collection * Bugfix: 292 Account for metadata size during size chunking in ChunkStore * Feature: 283 Support for all pandas frequency strings in ChunkStore DateChunker * Feature: 286 Add has_symbol to ChunkStore and support for partial symbol matching in list_symbols
* Feature: 275 Tuple range object support in DateChunker * Bugfix: 273 Duplicate columns breaking serializer * Feature: 267 Tickstore.delete returns deleted data * Dependency: 266 Remove pytest-dbfixtures in favor of pytest-server-fixtures
* Feature: 260 quota support on Chunkstore * Bugfix: 259 prevent write of unnamed columns/indexes * Bugfix: 252 pandas 0.19.0 compatibility fixes * Bugfix: 249 open ended range reads on data without index fail * Bugfix: 262 VersionStore.append must check data is written correctly during repack * Bugfix: 263 Quota: Improve the error message when near soft-quota limit * Perf: 265 VersionStore.write / append don't aggressively add indexes on each write
* Bugfix: 247 segmentation read fix in chunkstore * Feature: 243 add get_library_type method * Bugfix: more cython changes to handle LZ4 errors properly * Feature: 239 improve chunkstore's get_info method
* Feature: 235 method to return chunk ranges on a symbol in ChunkStore * Feature: 234 Iterator access to ChunkStore * Bugfix: 236 Cython not handling errors from LZ4 function calls
* Bugfix: 228 Mongo fail-over during append can leave a Version in an inconsistent state * Feature: 193 Support for different Chunkers and Serializers by symbol in ChunkStore * Feature: 220 Raise exception if older version of arctic attempts to read unsupported pickled data * Feature: 219 and 220 Support for pickling large data (>2GB) * Feature: 204 Add support for library renaming * Feature: 209 Upsert capability in ChunkStore's update method * Feature: 207 Support DatetimeIndexes in DateRange chunker * Bugfix: 232 Don't raise during VersionStore append(...) if the previous append failed
* Bugfix: 195 Top level tickstore write with list of dicts now works with timezone aware datetimes
* Bugfix: 187 Compatibility with latest version of pytest-dbfixtures * Feature: 182 Improve ChunkStore read/write performance * Feature: 162 Rename API for ChunkStore * Feature: 186 chunk_range on update * Bugfix: 189 range delete does not update symbol metadata
* Bugfix: Faster TickStore querying for multiple symbols simultaneously * Bugfix: TickStore.read now respects `allow_secondary=True` * Bugfix: 147 Add get_info method to ChunkStore * Bugfix: Periodically re-cache the library.quota to pick up any changes * Bugfix: 166 Add index on SHA for ChunkStore * Bugfix: 169 Dtype mismatch in chunkstore updates * Feature: 171 allow deleting of values within a date range in ChunkStore * Bugfix: 172 Fix date range bug when querying dates in the middle of chunks * Bugfix: 176 Fix overwrite failures in Chunkstore * Bugfix: 178 - Change how start/end dates are populated in the DB, also fix append so it works as expected. * Bugfix: 43 - Remove dependency on hardcoded Linux timezone files
* Bugfix: Ensure that Tickstore.write doesn't allow out of order messages * Bugfix: VersionStore.write now allows writing 'None' as a value
* Bugfix: Backwards compatibility reading/writing documents with previous versions of Arctic
* Bugfix: 109 Ensure stable sort during Arctic read * Feature: New benchmark suite using ASV * Bugfix: 129 Fixed an issue where some chunks could get skipped during a multiple-symbol TickStore read * Bugfix: 135 Fix issue with different datatype returned from pymongo in python3 * Feature: 130 New Chunkstore storage type
* Bugfix: 106 Fix Pandas Panel storage for panels with different dimensions
* Feature: 98 Add initial_image as optional parameter on tickstore write() * Bugfix: 100 Write error on end field when writing with pandas dataframes
* Feature: Add python 3.3/3.4 support * Bugfix: 95 Fix raising NoDataFoundException across multiple low level libraries
* Bugfix: 81 Fix broken read of multi-index DataFrame written by old version of Arctic * Bugfix: 49 Fix strifying tickstore
* Feature: Add timezone suppport to store multi-index dataframes * Bugfix: Fixed broken sdist releases
* Feature: ArticTransaction now supports non-audited 'transactions': `audit=False` with ArcticTransaction(Arctic('hostname')['some_library'], 'symbol', audit=False) as at: ... This is useful for batch jobs which read-modify-write and don't want to clash with concurrent writers, and which don't require keeping all versions of a symbol.
* Feature: get_info API added to version_store.
* Bugfix: correct version detection for Pandas >= 0.18. * Bugfix: retrying connection initialisation in case of an AutoReconnect failure.
* Bugfix: Improve performance of saving multi-index Pandas DataFrames by 9x * Bugfix: authenticate should propagate non-OperationFailure exceptions (e.g. ConnectionFailure) as this might be indicative of socket failures * Bugfix: return 'deleted' state in VersionStore.list_versions() so that callers can pick up on the head version being the delete-sentinel.
* Bugfix: VersionStore.read(date_range=...) could do the wrong thing with TimeZones (which aren't yet supported for date_range slicing.).
* Bugfix: fix authentication race condition when sharing an Arctic instance between multiple threads.
* Bugfix: compatibility with both 3.0 and pre-3.0 MongoDB for querying current authentications
* Feature: Add support for reading a subset of a pandas DataFrame in VersionStore.read by passing in an arctic.date.DateRange * Bugfix: Reauth against admin if not auth'd against a library a specific library's DB. Sometimes we appear to miss admin DB auths. This is to workaround that until we work out what the issue is.
* Feature: Add support for multi-index Bitemporal DataFrame storage. This allows persisting data and changes within the DataFrame making it easier to see how old data has been revised over time. * Bugfix: Ensure we call the error logging hook when exceptions occur
* Always use the primary cluster node for 'has_symbol()', it's safer
* Bugfixes for timezone handling, now ensures use of non-naive datetimes * Bugfix for tickstore read missing images
* Improvements to command-line control scripts for users and libraries * Bugfix for pickling top-level Arctic object
* Allow snapshotting a range of versions in the VersionStore, and snapshot all versions by default.
* Bugfix for backwards-compatible unpickling of bson-encoded data * Added switch for enabling parallel lz4 compression
* Initial public release